Model assembled and painted by Elwing-(V).
Figure is a resin
(was originally light gray) except for the "crystal" ball, and I got
the wood base separately and stained dark. Painted with enamels (taking
after Randy). For figures I like those well enough, tho they can dry
out pretty fast if I have to mix colors outside the bottles. I also
think it's a bit harder to really clean brushes of enamel, compared to
oils and (of course) acrylics.
The "glow" effect is mostly dependent on the light
hitting it so probably won't come across in most pics; it is also
partly from behind/under the ball - in the "pocket" it sets in, I
painted like flames (yellows, oranges and a bit of red). For now am
keeping the ball unglued in place so it can be peeked at - just have to
remember it's "loose" if I move it around.
I like the "Wiz" size - more than just a bit larger
would be difficult to manage holding/getting at angles I'd want, and
more than a bit smaller (I'm finding with my gnomes) is rather
straining to see details even with the "super-peeper" glasses.
Facing forward, photo by DeepGroover-(T)
Aug. 21, 2016
To the side, photo by DeepGroover-(T)
Aug. 21, 2016
August 21, 2016
Models assembled, modified, and painted by Elwing-(V)
Photo by DeepGroover-(T)
More resin figures (white to start) and painted with enamels.
Wagon and turtle were ready-done tiny-scenery-set accessories (Speedy
got some shell enhancement).
Added "gravel" and "grass" instead of trying to paint those.
"Dragon and Hoard"
July 9, 2017
Click the above image for the whole picture.
Model assembled, painted, and hoard added by Elwing-(V)
Full photo by DeepGroover-(T) using a phone camera.
Comment by DeepGroover-(T):
"Quite a while ago my older sister bought this dragon model at a model
contest she attended with me.
"Last weekend she surprised me by showing me the finished piece.
"She made the scenic base from tiny assorted items from the craft
and painted the dragon with enamels.
"This is her third figure."
Addition and correction by Elwing-(V):
Of the momentous amount of 3 things I’ve painted so far, dragon was a
plastic piece. Wings (a stiffer type) were done with enamels; however,
remaining parts (a slightly softer plastic) didn’t take that well –
never seemed to completely dry. Luckily, I only did a small area to
start, so was easy to remove that and the dragon body then done with
acrylics. My “Steampunk Smaug”, a cyborg of sorts, has among the usual
treasure (gold, silver, gems) a few shiny gears and a fancy clock; also
a remnant of an unsuccessful burgler in the pile (I think the skull
shows in the pic).